Email as a communication tool has become a crucial part of our life. From simple chatting to sharing highly confidential information, every internet user uses an email account. And more specifically, if we talk, millions of people love to use Yahoo! Mail. People love to use Yahoo! mail to send and receive an important message, files, images, and documents. Hence, it is strikingly important to keep your Yahoo email account safe from the evil eyes of the hackers and scammers. A piece of good news for Yahoo users is that they can recover their hacked Yahoo account by changing the password in a few simple clicks. But, before that users must know how to recognize Yahoo hacked account without getting any delay.
With the aim to enhance Yahoo! email security, I am proud to share some good to know information about how to make sure whether your Yahoo account is hacked or not. Not only the indications, but I will also tell you the best ways to recover compromised and hacked Yahoo! account in just a few simple clicks.
One more thing before we continue. We have another better & faster option for you. You can get direct assistance from the Yahoo! representatives from the customer care department. They can defeat any kind of hacking and set free your account from the grip of hackers and scammers. On the other hand, if you are not in a hurry, keep on reading the effective steps to identify the hacked account in Yahoo and troubleshooting steps.
Steps to Detect a Hacked Yahoo! Mail Account
It depends upon the method of hacking whether the users get hacking alerts or not from Yahoo. So, just don’t presume that your account is intact if you have not received any alert from Yahoo against any unauthorized access to your email account. On some regular intervals, you must keep checking the below-mentioned signs to recognize the hacked Yahoo email id:
- Suddenly you have stopped receiving emails to your mail account.
- Sending spam, marketing, and promotional emails also indicate that your email account is hacked.
- Getting SSL or privacy error on the Yahoo! screen may also result from hacking.
- The situation of being not able to login to the Yahoo account due to the wrong password may arise if a hacker has changed your password after hacking your email account.
- If you found a different login location from an unknown device that you don’t know.
- Change of mail setting without your knowledge.
- If you find any usual change in your Yahoo! profile, be careful.
How can I recover my Yahoo account from a hacker?
Even if you have the slightest doubt that your mail account has got unauthorized access, you must change the password for your account. In fact, resetting the password is the only way to get back access to your compromised Yahoo! account. Find below the simple steps to change the Yahoo mail password:
- Go to the sign in the window of Yahoo.
- Enter your hacked email address and click next.
- Now select the forgotten password tab.
- Type your recovery phone number or email id.
- Press send me the verification tab.
- Check your phone or email to find the secret code from Yahoo.
- Enter the code in the given field and press verify.
- Here comes a new pop up where you have to enter the new and unique password.
- Now just feel relaxed as your account has been released from the grip of the hackers.
- Check your Yahoo! profile, account information, settings received and sent emails to save your account from further damage.
- Undo the setting if you find something wrong and unwanted.
Today we have discussed how to recognize Yahoo hacked account and steps to recover the hacked mail account from hackers. Even after following the above-mentioned steps, if you can’t recover your Yahoo mail account, don’t be upset, let the experts help. Yahoo! experts can help you with other issues as well like recovering the deleted Yahoo! message, Yahoo! contacts and more.