To keep secure the email account from all types of malware, viruses, spam, and hacking threats has become an urgent need of the time. Today email is not just a way of global communication. From everyday chatting to swapping of important information with documents, bank-related details, and personal information everything resides in email. As a result, to secure the Yahoo email has become a matter of grave concern.
No doubt, with the progress of technology, effective and efficient antivirus, security software and other related services have evolved. But, what you may not be aware of that all so-called security software of advanced level don’t give full proof security always. As being a smart Yahoo user, you also can play an important role to protect your Yahoo account from all types of security threats. This blog aims to teaching you the easy and reliable ways of protecting the Yahoo account from all privacy threats. By reading this blog, Yahoo users will learn about how to secure the Yahoo account from all the security threats.
Easy & Simple ways about how to secure the Yahoo account from all the security threats
In order to protect all the sensitive information from the evil eyes, it is not like that everyone has to be tech-savvy. In fact, with some simple tricks and tips, any Yahoo user can save his/her account from being succumbed to the hands of hackers. Continue reading this post will give you important insights about how to secure the Yahoo account from all the security threats. So, let’s start without any further delay:
- Enable two-Step verification: Two-Step verification adds wings to your Yahoo email account. This feature makes mandatory to enter the verification code which users get from Yahoo on their mobile phones. Enabling this feature means, for successful loge-in, after entering the email Id and password user will have to enter the verification code too. Thus, this feature foils the attempt of hacking even if the hacker had stolen the password.
- Yahoo Account Key: Yahoo account key is a simple way of handling the multiple Yahoo accounts. Using multiple accounts by any user is a common thing nowadays. As a result, people tend to use one same password for various Yahoo email accounts which further makes easy the hacking for hackers. To overcome this loophole Yahoo introduced the Yahoo Account Key feature. In this feature, Yahoo users get an OTP to their registered phone number and upon entering the OTP within a given time frame lead to the successful access on the Yahoo account. Yahoo Account Key could be enabled and disabled by the users.
- Delete security question: Security question used to be a part of the account recovery method. Later on, Yahoo realized the possible threat to the security of the users by question-answering features. Hence it is no more in use. We recommend you to delete this option from your Yahoo account recovery method as well.
Other ways about how to secure the Yahoo account from all the security threats
Yahoo users can protect their Yahoo account outside of the Yahoo application and web browser as well. Find below some common best internet practices.
- Beware of downloading the unauthenticated software: No doubt that software has made things simpler and easier. But, many genuine-looking software is out there which actually aims to make hacking simpler. So, always make sure that the software you download is licensed and authenticated.
- Be careful before opening a link, pop up & email attachment: Many hackers or online defaulters are using phishing technology. Phishing is a way that involves sending a link or email which looks tempting and genuine at first glance. But, once the user clicks on this appealing link or email, all the sensitive information goes to the hackers. To stay safe, you must always take a minute to read the complete link before clicking on it. And never open the link and advertising pop up or security warning if you feel something suspicious.
- Use updated antivirus & browser: Keep updating the antivirus and browser is very essential to stay protected from all types of security threats. Using the latest antivirus and anti-malware software is an excellent way to stay secure. And of course, don’t forget to scan your device with it at regular intervals.
- Using different and unique passwords: Many users to avoid the hassle of remembering all the passwords of various accounts, most often use totally the same or almost the same passwords. It makes hacking easier for hackers. That’s why we highly recommend you to use as many different passwords as you have email accounts. Besides that, always keep changing the passwords.
Conclusion: You might have noticed that by taking care of your day-to-day activity, you can stay safe from all the security threats to a significant level. We strongly believe that our post will help you a lot to stay protected always. By the way, if all efforts don’t work out then feel free to contact the Yahoo customer service.