Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most popular browsers and email applications that work perfectly on desktop computers. Apart from being a fast, effective and reliable browser, one of the best features of Thunderbird is its ability to keep track of old email messages. All you have to do is just set up a Yahoo email account to Thunderbird in just a few simple steps. If you are also looking for the perfect ways to add/setup Yahoo! email account in Mozilla, this post is for you.
In this post, we are going to discuss the certified Yahoo IMAP Setting on Thunderbird. Not only this but with the help of POP3 setting you also can configure Yahoo email setting on Thunderbird that we will also be discussed in this helping blog.
One more thing before we continue! If you have already tried to configure Mozilla Thunderbird for Yahoo! Mail but got an error, you must take direct assistance from Yahoo customer support. On the other hand, if you have not tried to link your Yahoo! mail in Mozilla Thunderbird, continue to read this post.
Yahoo IMAP Setting for Thunderbird
With the help of these steps, you can easily set up your Yahoo email to Thunderbird:-
- The first step is to open your Mozilla Thunderbird account & select your email.
- Choose to create a new account section and click on the Email.
- Click on the skip option and select use my existing email option.
- Now enter your name, username, and password of Yahoo and further select the Continue button.
- Choose the IMAP option if you want to use the IMAP setup.
- Now choose the ‘Manual Configuration’ option.
- Incoming Mail (SMTP) Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port – 993 with SSL
- Outgoing Port – 465 with SSL or port 587
- SSL or TLS Required – Yes.
- To complete the process click on done.
- Now you can enjoy sending and receiving Yahoo email messages on Thunderbird.
Simple Steps to configure Yahoo Mail in Mozilla Thunderbird Using POP3
- Log in to your Yahoo Email account.
- Now take your mouse to the Gear shaped icon and from the drop-down menu choose Settings.
- Select the Edit button available next to the Yahoo Settings.
- Make sure that your POP option is enabled.
- Now click on the save tab and log out from the Yahoo email.
- Then, launch the Mozilla Thunderbird account and choose email.
- After that, go to the Create a new account section and click on the Email.
- Now, click on the skip tab and use my existing email option.
- You must enter your name, Yahoo email Id and password. Then, click on the Continue button.
- Here comes the POP3 option. Click on it.
- Now as a result of successful POP3 settings, all your email messages will be added from the Yahoo Server to Mozilla Thunderbird
- Congrats as of now you can access your Yahoo mail on the Thunderbird account.
In this post, we have discussed how simply you can set up a Yahoo email account to Thunderbird. Certainly, the above-mentioned steps will come as a great help for everyone. That’s not all, if you did not get the expected results or find some error, feel free to ask for immediate assistance from Yahoo Support. The solutions to every problem related to the Yahoo! IMAP Setting, POP3, SMTP & more; everything is available.