How to block junk mail in Yahoo? Can I stop junk mail in Yahoo? This is a commonly asked question over the internet. In recent years, the intensity of getting unnecessary and unwanted emails has increased to an alarming level. As a result, this problem has taken the shape of the most annoying trouble in the digital world. Getting a dozen spam emails is not only exasperating but it may also cause harm to your email account as well. Occupying the crucial space and adversely affecting the email accounts are additional disadvantages. The uncomfortable truth is that getting complete rid of spam email is not only difficult but almost impossible on every email platform. But, you are in luck if you are a Yahoo user because you can stop receiving junk mail in Yahoo to a significant level.
As you are reading this post, the chances are high that you are searching for effective ways to prevent junk mail from Yahoo. If this is the case with you, believe me, you have hit the right place. In the coming section, we are going to provide a step by step procedure to block junk mail in Yahoo! account. Below mentioned certified method to avoid junk mail in Yahoo is simple and straightforward. It will save you time and effort. Not only this, we have another better option for you. Just get in touch with Yahoo tech support for instant and effective solutions.
Create and use a disposable email address
If you are an avid user of digital services, the chances are high that you may have to share your email address now and then. Sharing personal email online or offline may be beneficial but don’t forget that it also leads to having a large number of garbage emails in your main inbox. So, what is the solution? Creating and using a disposable email address is the solution. Here are the steps:
- First login to your mail, then click on the gear-shaped menu tab available at the right corner side.
- Now choose settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select security from the left side of the screen.
- Click on create base name tab and type the unique name of your disposal mail address and click create.
- Now click on the add to enter the keyword. It may be any word.
- Click the save tab.
Note: By using your disposal email address you can send or receive emails as you usually do with your main email address. But, the benefit of using a disposable email address is that you can delete the disposable email address once your work is done and create another one for another use and share. You can make as many as 500 disposal email addresses.
Enable Spam Email Filters in Yahoo Mail
To stop junk email in Yahoo, you don’t have to purchase any spam email removal or junk email blocker application. What you may not be aware of the facts is that you can enable the filter with the help of the following steps and stay hassle-free all the time.
- After login to your account, select the gear-shaped icon.
- Move down on the screen to find and select more settings tabs.
- Now choose the filter tab from the left side panel.
- Click on the add filter.
- Here on this same page and on the right side, you will get a list of options that you need to fill step by step.
- Give any name to your filter.
- The next tab is set rules. It means to set up the filter on the basis of email id, subject, and body.
- In the email id column, type the email address that you think may be of any spammer.
- Next column is dedicated to entering any other alternative mail address for auto-transfer the emails.
- You can type any expected subject line that spammer use.
- The last option is to set the body of the email.
- Select spam or junk folder in the next column. Or create another folder.
- Now click on the save to enable the filter.
Mark email as a Spam & Block the Spammers
You will be glad to know that in just a few simple clicks you can mark any unwanted message as spam and avoid getting junk mail in your Yahoo account.
- After login to your account, find and select all the junk and spam emails.
- Click on the spam tab available at the toolbar.
- All the selected email messages will move to the spam folder and their email ids will be marked as spammers.
- Now onwards, you will not get any more spam messages from that selected email id in your main inbox.
Till now we have discussed how to block junk mail in Yahoo and stay safe from hacking and unauthorized access. I am sure all the discussed steps and methods, you will find helpful. For more clarification and assistance, don’t forget that specialize Yahoo customer service is available for you. The solutions to many complex issues like recovery of hacked Yahoo account, forgotten Yahoo password and more; are available.