If you ask about the benefits of Yahoo! email, millions of users would say Yahoo is free, fast, safe, easy to use and easily accessible around the globe. On the other hand, if you ask about the most common errors in Yahoo! email, probably users would say Yahoo! temporary errors. Yes, there is no doubt in considering Yahoo! mail as one of the most reliable & quality email service providers. But, that is also true that users may find unexpected results from their Yahoo! accounts as well. More specifically, if we talk about the most common errors that most often prevent people from sending or receiving email on Yahoo, temporary email error code 5 tops the list. Reportedly, several thousand people could easily be seen asking, how to fix Yahoo temporary error 5?
If you are also struggling with Yahoo! email error 5 and looking for the perfect method to get rid of it, you have two simple options. One is to take direct assistance from Yahoo customer support and get a solution with ease of mind. Another option is to read this problem-solving and helping blog to learn the simple steps to fix temporary mail error 5 in Yahoo. So, let’s start with a basic but important question, what is Yahoo error 5 on Yahoo! Mail?
What does Yahoo! temporary email error code 5 mean?
This is a situation when something technically goes wrong due to which Yahoo! server feel difficulty to serve any Yahoo! email account. And when the server fails to handle any account, users end with getting unresponsive Yahoo! screen. This situation may arise without any prior notification. Another important point to bear in mind is that it may get resolved at its own in a few couples of minutes. But, sometimes it may turn out to be stubborn & persistent. And this is the situation when it may need the attention of Yahoo experts to fix it.
Possible Reasons for getting temporary error 5 on Yahoo email
Due to the sophisticated & complex nature of computer programs, software, and internet services, it is quite difficult to hold the exact reason for this problem. But, according to the experts below mentioned reasons are the most common root causes that can invite error number 5 on Yahoo:
- Log in to Yahoo! account on two devices or more simultaneously.
- Accessing the Yahoo! email account from different locations and browsers (new).
- Using an unsupported or old version of the browser may also be a reason.
- The presence of a virus or bug may also invite temporary error 5.
- The existence of cache and cookies files in abundance always harm and attract the problems.
- Having an incorrect date and time setting sometimes poorly affects the Yahoo! services.
Top 5 Steps to Fix Yahoo Temporary Error 5
The victims of Yahoo! temporary error can’t send or receive an email as long as it is not fixed. Moreover, users may face a long trail of issues like unable to download attachment, sync contacts and can’t use alerts and calendar features. But, now stop panicking anymore yourself and follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to solve Yahoo! email error 5.
- Make sure the date and time setting are correct on your device.
- Sign out from all the devices and then try to log in.
- Ensure that you are using the latest and updated browser including Yahoo! mobile application and Window on your computer.
- Delete all the stored and cache memories stored in your device.
- Still found no solution, don’t worry, take a minute to scan your device with any quality and certified anti-virus. And then switch off and on your device for better results.
Today, in this post we have discussed the reason, adverse effects and simple steps to fix Yahoo temporary error 5. We are sure that the above-mentioned steps will come as a great help to restore your ailing Yahoo! email account to perfect state. However, even after following the above-mentioned steps if your issue does not resolve, feel free to ask for direct assistance from Yahoo representatives through live chat support or call.