The seamless and flawless performance of Yahoo mail is important to stay connected with the contacts all the time. And, thankfully, most of the time, Yahoo works perfectly without requiring the special attention of the users. With that being said, I mean, Yahoo mail is free from most of the common email errors except the rare issue of not updating the inbox on iPhone. Yes, people who use Yahoo mail as their personal email on iPhone, most of them might be familiar with the fact that, occasionally, Yahoo fails to connect with the server. And when Yahoo mail fails to get connected with the server then it results in Yahoo mail showing new email.
To be very clear, when people ask, “Why is my Yahoo mail inbox not updating” they usually mean – why are my Yahoo emails not showing up in the inbox on iPhone? If you have found yourself asking this question then read this post. In this write-up, we will solve your problems of Yahoo mail not showing up as a new email on iPhone. A piece of good news is that by following the steps mentioned below in this post, you also can fix Yahoo mail that is not working on the iPhone. So, let’s get started without any further ado.
Why Yahoo Mail is not updating inbox on iPhone
Why is my Yahoo mail not showing new emails? This is quite a legitimate question because it might happen with anyone who uses a Yahoo mail account to send and receive emails from contacts. And when Yahoo stopped updating inbox then one thing is clear – something is definitely wrong with your Yahoo mail account and if you don’t take action on time then the problem might grow from bad to worse.
Also Read: How to contact Yahoo customer service?
In order to get rid of this disgusting problem, my first piece of advice is to find out the main reason which is causing Yahoo inbox to not update on iPhone. After careful research and study experts have found some common reasons that I have mentioned below:
- Slow or interrupted internet connection
- You have not updated your Yahoo mail application
- Accumulation of cache and cookies files in your phone memories
- Incorrect phone date and time settings
- Confliction between Yahoo mail app and iOS
- Yahoo mail application or device is infected with a virus
- You have exhausted the internet data back
How to fix Yahoo mail not updating issue?
As we are talking about how to fix Yahoo mail not showing new emails, it is important to clear one false and widely prevailed misconception. And that false misconception is that Yahoo stops updating the inbox when the inbox is full. Avoid falling victim to this common but false misconception.
Be informed that Yahoo mail inbox is never exhausted of the memories. To ensure the Yahoo users never stop receiving emails, Yahoo has set the maximum storage limit of 1 TB. So, you don’t need to worry about Yahoo being running out the memories. If there is something that you need to worry about, I have mentioned it in the last section. Now let’s proceed to the solutions that you can adopt to fix – why is my Yahoo mail not showing new emails on iPhone?
- Check your internet connection and take steps to strengthen the signals if they are weak and unstable.
- If you have not updated your Yahoo mail application then you can’t be more wrong. It will not be exaggerating to say that you yourself are inviting the problem of mail not updating in Yahoo on iPhone by using the old and expired version of the Yahoo mail application.
- Incorrect date and time settings might lead to problems related to synchronization which further might result in Yahoo mail inbox not updating. So, immediately correct the date and time settings if they are wrong.
- Caches and cookie files stored in small quantities generally do not result in any kind of problem. But, when the size of stored caches and cookies increases then a number of problems might emerge such as unable to login to Yahoo, frequent freezing and hanging of the Yahoo mail application, and Yahoo mail not updating on iPhone as well. In such a case, consider deleting all the stored and cache memories.
Another method to fix Yahoo mail inbox is not updating
If your internet connection is fine but still the Yahoo mail is not updating then there could be some other reasons. Might be possible that your Yahoo mail application is getting interrupted by other installed applications on your phone or pc. Moreover, the presence of the virus can also be the reason for Yahoo mail not updating. Therefore, consider temporarily turning off the antivirus if you have installed any on your device. But, before that make sure you scan your device for the presence of any virus or bug.