To ensure the best email experience, Yahoo has put in place a number of features such as 1 TB storage space, auto-scanning of files for a virus, customizable theme, and conversation view. Above all, to ensure users always remain updated and stay connected with breaking news and the biggest happening, Yahoo offers one simple but effective notification feature as well. With this feature enabled, you can get updates right on your device about the weather, stock, sports, business, national and international news. But, if you are not getting Yahoo alerts and notifications then there could be two reasons. First, you have not enabled Yahoo mail notification. Second, your Yahoo mail notification is not working.
You don’t need to worry if you have forgotten to enable notification on your Yahoo mail. In the content below I will show you the steps to follow to activate the notification on your Yahoo mail account. It is super simple. In case you have enabled the notification on Yahoo but still are not getting the notification then you have to be technical and follow a number of troubleshooting steps as mentioned further in this post.
Right below here we are going to learn how to turn on Yahoo mail notifications on iPhone, & Android. In addition to that, I will also help you understand the simple steps to fix Yahoo notifications not working error. If you are not a great fan of reading then consider contacting us and get helped.
How do I turn on Yahoo mail notifications?
In order to enable the Yahoo alerts, it is important to have installed the Yahoo mail application on your phone. Hence, download and install the Yahoo mail application on your phone first, if you have not done so already. After that you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
Also Read: How to recover Yahoo forgotten password?
Steps to follow to enable Yahoo mail notification on Android
- So, as the first step, go to your device settings.
- Scroll down and select Notification and Apps.
- From the drop-down menu select Notifications.
- Now tap Toggle Button to enable and disable the notification.
Steps to turn on Yahoo alerts on iPhone
- From the home screen of your iPhone, select device settings.
- After that tap Notifications.
- The next step is to select Yahoo mail.
- Finally, tap the Allow Notifications toggle button to start receiving the Yahoo notifications.
Turn notification using Yahoo mail app
- After login into your Yahoo mail account, select your profile icon.
- Move down and select notifications.
- Further, you need to select “All messages & features” to start receiving the notifications.
- In case you want to select the limited notifications, select the “Just the categories I choose” and choose the types of notification you want to receive.
Note: While enabling the Yahoo notification, if you want to receive breaking news and the latest updates about Covid-19, select the Corona updates toggle button.
What to do when Yahoo Mail Notification Not Working
“Yahoo mail not showing notification” errors can be caused by a range of factors. Hence, it is difficult to point out any single reason responsible for this error. As there are multiple reasons for this problem, you should consider checking all possible factors as mentioned below:
- Make sure you have enabled the Yahoo mail notifications. If you have updated your Yahoo mail app then consider going to the Yahoo settings and checking if the notifications are enabled.
- Check the speed of your internet. If your internet speed is slow or poor then how can you expect to get the Yahoo notification on time? Yahoo benefits could be availed best if your internet connection is strong and seamless.
- Nowadays Android and iPhones come with the DND feature. In many models, this feature comes enabled by default. So, it can be a good idea to check the DND settings of your phone. Navigate to the DND settings on your phone and disable it to fix Yahoo alerts not working error.
- Whenever it comes to saving battery power and internet data, enabling battery and data saver can be a good idea. But, the problem is that enabling battery and data savers might result in a stopped Yahoo mail notification. So, disable the battery and internet saver mode to fix Yahoo notification not working.
- Other troubleshooting steps to fix stopped Yahoo mail notifications are to use the updated Yahoo mail application, scan your phone with any best antivirus programs, and contact Yahoo customer service.