As you are reading this post the chances are high that you use Yahoo or any other email service to exchange information. Email services are largely famous for offering cutting edge benefits and quality services that too for free. But, don’t forget that things are not always what they seem. It means, even though you don’t pay anything directly from your pocket to the email service provider, they draw benefits in another way. Likewise, the other digital companies, email service providers make money by using the private activity of the users. They have evolved a way to monetize your activity, details, and information. In fact, selling the content and details of the users has become a popular business at a global level. All the internet service providers including Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, and other famous social media company earn fat money in exchange for their users’ data. But, you are in luck if you are a Yahoo user. As being Yahoo users you always can set your Yahoo mail privacy settings.
Yes, you will be glad to know that with the help of easy Yahoo mail privacy settings you can preserve your online activity to a large extent. Another advantage of the Yahoo mail Privacy settings is that you can keep your account more safe and secure from hackers and cybercriminals. If you don’t know how to change the Yahoo mail privacy settings, this post is for you.
How to change Yahoo Mail Privacy Setting?
If you are getting a lot of spam and junk emails, don’t grow anxious. Here is the solution for you. Find below some steps to understand how you can make changes in Yahoo mail privacy settings:
- To change the Yahoo mail privacy settings, first, you need to login to your Yahoo mail account.
- Type and search Yahoo.com on your computer and select mails from the top right side corner.
- Here comes a login window, type your Yahoo Id and password.
- Now choose the menu from the right side of the screen.
- Select the account information tab from the drop-down menu and further, proceed with the edit account information option.
- Here on this page, you may have to enter your mail’s password once again.
- Type your Yahoo mail account’s password for one more time.
- Scroll down to find the information that Yahoo can see and save. Carefully, check and turn off the option that you don’t want to share with Yahoo.
Use of Yahoo Mail Privacy Setting
With the help of privacy settings, users can make a lot of change in connection with the Yahoo mail account. Before you make any changes read here the wide-ranging use of Yahoo mail privacy settings.
- In just a few simple clicks, you can change or edit your personal information like name, address, date of birth and other information.
- You can say goodbye to all the marketing emails that you receive from unknown people and sources. Moreover, you can unsubscribe the marketing messages or newsletters that you have no more interest in.
- Another biggest benefit is that you can erase your search history and prevent Yahoo from tracking your history in the future.
- In addition to the benefits of the Yahoo mail setting, another good thing is that you can manage and remove the geolocation details in connection with your Yahoo mail account.
Get Assistance from Yahoo Customer Care
Be informed that all the above steps are not a guaranteed way to get rid of the frequent disturbance and unwanted emails. For 100% solution and long-lasting freedom, you must reach the Yahoo customer services. The experts of Yahoo customer care know the best solution to every problem. They are more than happy to help you with all kinds of small or big troubles that you find on your Yahoo mail account. If your concern is different, don’t be upset. We are ready to address your issue within your comfort zone.